My Family

My Family

Monday, November 17, 2014

Why Life is Awesome

So, I just love my life. Here’s a couple reasons why. I love my major, my classes, my school, Idaho, my family, my religion, my friends, and horses. Yes horses. I love my classes this semester! I’m taking mostly classes for my major, which is pretty much what makes this semester awesome. I have a Meal Management class, Clothing Construction (sewing) class, Piano class, FCS Practicum (teaching) class, and a class called Family Foundations.

In my Meal Management class, I am learning how to manage meals like how to properly set the table, and what utensils and dinnerware you should use, how to keep track of the time while making a meal, how to make a balanced meal, how to budget your meals, and other good stuff that I need to know! I love it! In my clothing construction, we are making a plaid collared shirt, a lined skirt, a sweater, and a quilt! Sewing takes me a long time, but I love not having to just read out of a book, and I love being able to just think about life while sewing. It’s great. Frustrating, but great. I love my piano class, because I am able to re-learn everything that I learned before, but completely forgot like the second I stopped playing. I am currently trying to perfect the song “You are Loved”, by Josh Groban (whom I would marry in a heartbeat) and I LOVE that song! It is so applicable to EVERYONE!

In my Family and Consumer Science class, I am learning how to be a teacher, and I LOVE it!! I guess I just love learning so much that I want to make others love learning as well! I know teaching is hard-really hard- but I’m super excited to learn more about how to teach, and how to be a better teacher. The first week of school, in this class, my teacher passed out a little booklet of how to teach, and you know what it was? The “Teaching the Gospel in the Savior’s Way” guide book! What other school can do that? I am reminded every day that EVERYTHING I am learning in school, applies to the Gospel! I love going to a school where I can practice my religion.

In my Family Foundations class, we are learning about how essential the Family is, and how central it is to the Plan of Happiness! I love learning how to be a better person, and how important it is to learn now, so that I can be prepared for when I have my own family. I have learned to love The Family: A Proclamation to the World, and know that it is divine inspiration from Heavenly Father given to our Prophets. The Proclamation helps us understand our whole purpose here on earth, and what we need to do here on earth so that we can live with our families in Heaven. David A Bednar gave a talk called, “Marriage is Essential to His Eternal Plan” and I absolutely LOVED that talk!! You should read it!!

So, ya I just love school and how it allows me to be a better Latter Day Saint every day. I also had the chance to go horseback riding with two of my really good guy friends who used to be in my ward but aren’t anymore unfortunately. But anyways, I LOVE horses. And by love, I mean LOVE. It’s kind of an obsession really. I am determined to have one when I grow up, so that I can ride it every day. Background story: back when I was young and went to girl’s camp, we rode horses about every other year, and I loved it!! Except when I rode the donkey… Haha. Just kidding. But seriously, life is just great! I love my family, and my religion, and BYU-Idaho!

No comments:

Post a Comment